A Place Called Home in Creating Country Threads Vol 12 No 10

 
This months Creating Country Threads Vol 12 No 10 features my stitchery "A Place to Call Home". 

The stitchery was inspired for me by the Vera Lynn wartime classic "White Cliffs of Dover".  I thought about the feeling of returning home after a long absence, and about the emotions coming home brings up in you. 


I wanted to design a country scene for a traveller (my stitched bird) to be coming home after a long time away.  He is looking at the house with a mixture of love and seeing what has changed since last he has seen it.  I set the stitchery in Australia and coming home in Summer, the sound and the swirl of insects especially cicadas and dragonflies.
 
I hope you enjoy making this stitchery, as it was so special to make.

Comments