Market makings - what I have been making for the Brisstyle Indie Designers Market 14 July

I have been putting the finishing touches on some new designs for the Brisstyle Indie Designers Market I am participating in next Saturday at Hamilton.  It's my first market for some years, so I am a little nervous on how everything will be received.




The new pieces I have created are all about how I can reuse resources.  I have created a number of different bird designs all made from either a collection of vintage hankies (thanks to my mothers hoarding tendencies), or from recycled men's cotton shirts.  The birds feature hand embroidered eyes and are very cuddly.

I have also been creating some wallets.  The inners are recycled from men's cotton shirts and are very soft.  They are hopefully very enduring as you can wash and iron them to bring them back to freshness (unlike the store bought variety) and I have played with some fun fronts in the designs as well.

If you'd like to see my work or any of the other very talented Brisstylers all creating original designs, come along to St Augustine's Church on Racecourse Road, Hamilton on Saturday July 14, from 9 to 2.
 

Comments