My first vegetable crop arrives - Potato yumminess



Last night I picked the first of my home grown vegetables. They were some wonderful new potatoes.  I planted them in September just after finishing work with the Queensland Government.  When I pulled up their tiny little pale shapes, they reminded me of our Premiers not so hirsute dome, and removing them from their comfy world felt like quite a nice allegory.

The tatters themselves were wonderful.  I didn't realise how quickly fresh food is to cook so they got a bit overcooked, yet despite this the taste was wonderful.  I picked them about 5 o'clock and they were on our forks just after 7 o'clock.

I think the total food metres (not miles) on the potatoes was about 15, which again was lovely.  What's better is there is still many more in the vege garden to collect. I can't wait to get my six serves a day!

Comments