Sunshine and things that grow


 

 The winter weather is such a let down.  I want to be outside and tending my garden, but it just keeps on raining.  At least I was cheered up by the latest issues of Handmade Magazine (vol 31 no 6) and Patchwork and Stitching (vol 14 no 4) which both have some sunny projects I completed back when the weather was lovely.

 

Handmade features "My Garden" - a wallhanging with three smiling blooms in cheery spring colours.  Since I adore flowers this seemed like a perfect project to make.

Patchwork and Stitching features "Here Comes the Sun" which I have to say was inspired by the songs and fashions of the 70's when I was young (so long ago).
I don't know how many other sewers out there are inspired by music, but my making is always affected by the tunes in my ears.

Comments