Book Review: A Zentangle a Day - I really like this book

Some of my daily Tangles from the last week.
 
I have been interested in Zentangle designs for a while.  They looked so clever and dramatic.  I wanted to learn about how to do it but I was not sure about the way to do this.  I have read a couple of reviews about "A Zentangle A Day" by Beckah Krahula and decided to give it a go. The reviews said it was a good tool for focusing your art quickly and for improving your practice. An the result  for me - it is really good.

First things first - to recognise the creators. The Zentangle® Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

The book "A Zentangle A Day" is arranged in daily lessons. When I got this book last week I decided to read and follow the lessons as I have heard this was a good idea.  And it was. The lessons help you develop the basics really quickly and you can see yourself developing the skill.

I was critical and sceptical in using the book.  I was not sure if it would be good.  But I am really happy with the results over the last week. I noted the dates on my tangles and they do seem to be developing, plus the major benefit to me which was being able to put myself in the arty "zone" really quickly.  I reckon this book is a great tool and money well spent.  I am not sure if I will seek out other Zentangle books but this one is worth it to me.

A zentangle inspired large drawing


Comments